The historic city of Lavaur
The city of Lavaur offers different activities, musical and theatrical events. Discover its local markets, museums, cinemas and the recently constructed media hall!
Lavaur, heart of the Occitanie
The Occitane region in which Lavaur belongs to is a place you must visit at least once in your life! Toulouse, located 40 kms away, is the 4th largest city in France. Dubbed as “La ville rose” (The pink city), it is an ancient capital of the Wisigoths characterized by its beautiful architecture.
The Cité de l’Espace (Space City)
And its Musée d’Histoire Naturelle (Museum of Natural History)
- The city of Albi, its magnificent cathedral and the Toulouse-Lautrec museum (50 kms, 40 min away)
- The city of Castres and its Goya museum (35 kms, 35 min away)
- The city of Cordes-sur-Ciel (50 kms, 60 min away)
Do not miss out on the Musée de la Mode d’Albi (Fashion Museum of Albi)! The museum was recently re-opened to the public from March 30 to December 30, 2017 with a new collection : « Morceaux choisis (Choice pieces) ». An exceptional display with hundreds of new items!
Marvel at Le Jardin des Martels (Garden of Martels), classified among one of the most beautiful gardens of France! (10 kms, 10 min away)
Discover the charming country houses and splendid villages of Albi, cross the beautiful Grésigne forest, and indulge in the vineyards of Gaillac wines.
Finally, laugh out loud at the Festival du Rire de Vaour (Laugh Festival of Vaour) where you’re sure to have a great time!! (60 kms, 1 hour away)
Shopping and accessibility
In terms of commercial centers, Croix de Pastel is just 50 kms away from the Toulouse Blagnac airport, 10 kms from the highway and only 10 min by foot from the Lavaur train station. There are numerous supermarkets nearby at the heart of the city which are accessible by walking, and open even on Sundays!
There are also local farmers’ markets all year round where you can purchase goods from the best local producers.
Discover the artisanal products throughout the region with your loved ones!
- At Lavaur : Wednesday and Saturday mornings,
- At Lautrec : Friday mornings,
- At Puylaurens : Wednesday mornings
- At Saint-Paul Cap de Joux : Tuesday mornings,
- At Saint-Sulpice : Wednesday mornings,
- At Rabastens : Saturday mornings,
- At Graulhet : Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday mornings,
- At L’isle sur Tarn : Sunday mornings,
- At Albi : Every morning except Monday.
Finally, in case of emergency, the Lavaur Hospital is just 2 minutes away by foot. There are also numerous doctors, dentists, and pharmacists at the city center.